Friday, November 04, 2005

Coke to phase out Vanilla Coke in US

Coke to phase out Vanilla Coke in US - Yahoo! News

"The phase out follows declining sales for the brands in the United States. Vanilla Coke sales slipped to 35 million unit cases in 2004 from 90 million unit cases in 2002, while Vanilla Diet Coke sales dropped to 13 million unit cases last year from 23 million unit cases in 2003, according to Beverage Marketing, a beverage research and consulting firm.

Sales of Diet Coke with Lemon have fallen to 9.9 million unit cases in 2004 from 24 million unit cases in 2001, data showed."

Wow...
Thats a huge drop!!
Dr. Pepper is moving in!!!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I always hated vanilla coke. If I really wanted vanilla coke, wouldn't I just pour a drop or two of vanilla extract into it? Not that I've ever really liked the original Coca cola either....

I'm more of a pepsi fan.

Anonymous said...

Dr Pepper is better than all of the above, in my humble opinion. Plus it's made in Texas. And besides, Dublin Dr Pepper fuels many a hilarious late night. =O

Anonymous said...

\\Sigh//

The mighty reign of coke is coming to an end.

Everything that has a beggining has an end.

Matthew Celestine said...

I quite like Vanilla Coke. But I prefer Dr Pepper.