Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Tea Day

In the US, its tax day. What that really means is beyond me, I paid my first Federal Taxes a few weeks ago. (No income tax in texas!)

But this year, it also means something different. It's a day to protest our tax rates with a tea party, and I'll be at one tonight. To find one near you, click here.

Basically, there are rallies in over 2000 cities today. Its a ground swelling, and without an organization such as MoveOn, or a political party behind it. In fact, the GOP chairman asked to speak at a Chicago rally, and the organizer's declined.

I'll be there, report from this intrepid reporter to be forthcoming.

2 comments:

Solameanie said...

Have you seen the way the CNN is trying to portray this as a right-winger thing fed and stoked by Fox News? It's pretty insulting.

RobertDWood said...

Yep. My brother showed me that yesterday. Ridiculous lapse of journalistic ethics, I think. :D