Monday, October 30, 2006

Backpacking


Ok, so I haven't been camping in many many moons, so this was a great chance for me to recharge and have some fun.
I was in a group of 6, and we treked 5 miles on friday afternoon, made camp, and then slept. Saturday morning, we took off and hiked 8 miles to another marina, and because one our crew members had a sprained ankle, we caught a pontoon boat back to the camp, or as close as we could get, which was 5 miles. So, after the 13 miles on saturday, we had to wake up really early sunday to rendevous with the other group at 9am.

The Daylight savings time was a welcome change, because we got extra sleep on a night we needed it most.
And trying to find who won Game 5 of the World Series was a chore. I had to ask 6 people before I found out on Sunday morning that the St. Louis Cardinals are the World Champions of Baseball.

All in all, it was the most fun I've had camping in a really long time, and I'm ready to plow back into school and work, because I'm starting a job today.

4 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I am pleased to hear you had fun.

I cannot say I am fond of camping.

God Bless

Matt

Anonymous said...

Hey so how early did you get up cause I know you guy came by are camp at 6:30 am that was annoying

Anonymous said...

It was a great campout! Glad to hear you had fun! And Joel we woke at 5...

RobertDWood said...

Joel, it was indeed 5. Unless you were like me, and planned on waking up at 4:45, so I set my alarm for that time, thinking my phone would automatically change. No dice. And it was COLD at 3:45am.

And you guys slept in very late, it was our duty to wake you from your slumber.