Thursday, January 26, 2006

Miner coming out of Coma

Survivor of Mine Explosion Out of Coma - Yahoo! News: "The sole survivor of the Sago Mine disaster that killed 12 men was able to respond to simple commands and follow movements with his eyes after emerging from a light coma, his doctor said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Randal McCloy Jr., 26, still could not speak but was able to chew and swallow soft foods, said Dr. Larry Roberts at Ruby Memorial Hospital on Wednesday. McCloy had been in the coma since his Jan. 4 rescue.

Roberts said McCloy continues to show slight neurological improvement each day.

'The family obviously is thrilled with Randy's constant progress,' said Aly Goodwin Gregg, the family's spokeswoman. 'They remain optimistic about his continued recovery and they recognize how long the recovery process is going to take.'"

Yay!

1 comment:

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

That is good news.

God Bless