Sunday, October 19, 2008

Polls? We laugh at polls

Ann Coulter: "This is how two typical voters might answer a pollster's question: "Whom do you support for president?"

Average Obama voter: "Obama." (Name of average Obama voter: "Mickey Mouse.")

Average McCain voter: "I'm voting for McCain, but I swear it's just about the issues. It's not because Obama's black. If Barack Obama were a little more moderate -- hey, I'd vote for Colin Powell. But my convictions force me to vote for the candidate who just happens to be white. Say, do you know where I can get Patti LaBelle tickets?"

In addition to the social pressure to constantly prove you're not a racist, apparently there is massive social pressure to prove you're not a Republican. No one is lying about voting for McCain just to sound cool.

Reviewing the polls printed in The New York Times and The Washington Post in the last month of every presidential election since 1976, I found the polls were never wrong in a friendly way to Republicans. When the polls were wrong, which was often, they overestimated support for the Democrat, usually by about 6 to 10 points."

Good read, and with her typical scathing rebukes of all things left of the right, its salve for an angry conservatives soul.

2 comments:

Solameanie said...

Careful, Robert...

Mustn't use terms like "angry conservatives." That will get us lumped in with the "angry left."

Even if I am mad enough to spit bullets like rivets on the Titanic.

RobertDWood said...

Not only are you spitting them, your eating nails for breakfast. Just like a lot of us. :D