Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cheney tells the truth


Story: "I think if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting, all we will do is validate the al-Qaida strategy," the vice president told ABC News. "The al-Qaida strategy is to break the will of the American people ... try to persuade us to throw in the towel and come home, and then they win because we quit."

In the interview, Cheney also said Britain's plans to withdraw about 1,600 troops from Iraq - while the United States adds more troops - was a positive step. "I look at it and see it is actually an affirmation that there are parts of Iraq where things are going pretty well," the vice president said.
"

First thing: The story is titled "Cheney Slams Iraq Plan Advocated by Dems", and it isn't until the 5th paragraph that Cheney is quoted. Before that, we have this chatter from the Woman herself, Nancy Pelosi.

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi fired back that Cheney was questioning critics' patriotism.
"I hope the president will repudiate and distance himself from the vice president's remarks," Pelosi said. She said she tried to complain about Cheney to President Bush but could not reach him
."


Dick Cheney, I gottta love him. The democrats are essentially supporting Al-queda in this war, and finally some one has called them on it from within the administration. And thats gotta hurt the liberals, because they fear the truth. No wonder they pull out the lame 'patriotism' straw man.
And that brings up another point. Is it patriotic to support the enemy? NO. Thus, they are unpatriotic. When you support Muslim Nazis ahead of your own country, then you are no longer a patriot.

5 comments:

Haru-san said...

HOO-RAH!
Do you have any lib readers? I know you used to, but what about now?

Anonymous said...

You know what I gotta love, Palm Boy? The fact that the SPEAKER OF THE UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES COULDN'T GET THROUGH TO THE PRESIDENT! Can you say "Caller I.D." followed by "phone off the hook"? ;)

Seriously, though, this is just a whiny ploy by Pelosi. It doesn't seem to me that the comments are calling Dems unpatriotic. More just stupid, dumb, ignorant, arrogant, idiotic, moronic, naive, clueless.... ;) Okay, they might not even be doing that much.

And, even if they were accusing people like Pelosi of being unpatriotic, so what? The statements are accurate. Why can't someone call the kettle black, IF THE KETTLE IS INDEED BLACK?

After all, is not Pelosi from a district--a city--that despises the military?

The only thing I can say to balance my point of view is this: First, what's with Bush's supposed promise to Pelosi? And, did Cheney say anything you didn't mention that could be more accusatory than the aforementioned statements?

Anonymous said...

I should probably say, I wasn't necessarily calling all Dems all the time "stupid, dumb, ignorant..." I was referring to certain Democrats' certain ideas.

RobertDWood said...

Haru, I don't know of any solid libs around. And if they were here, they probably left. :D

KA, good point. If I was Bush, I wouldn't be speakin to Pelosi either.

Solameanie said...

When I think of the Democrats in charge of Congress and Pelosi's imperious behavior, I am reminded of the Pink Floyd song "Brain Damage."

"The lunatics are in the hall.....the lunatics are in the hall....and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon."

Seriously, they seem to forget amid all their blustering that they'll never get past a GOP filibuster in the Senate and a sure presidential veto if the filibuster somehow got through. They'd never have enough votes in both houses to override. Pelosi and her tribe look more and more ridiculous every day.