Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Gullible e-bayers


Ebay chicken breast
Originally uploaded by lizzielefevre.
Some ebayers are extremely gullible.

Today, I thought I'd post something of substance. But, since I won't be blogging tomorrow, I decided not to. Sorry to get your hopes up.
I ran across this auction while surfing through Ebay.

Its a picture of a piece of 10 day old chicken breast, supposedly resembling the recently deceased pope. Do you see it? I see a man, but sorry, I don't see any pope. What amazes me is not that a person would post an auction like this (some people will do anything for money), but that people are actually taking it seriously.

A person wrote the seller saying:
"Please advise me if this comes from a smoke free home. I am deeply religious but I do have allergies. Thank you."

No, I am not kidding. I copied that off of the auction website, which you can see, here.
So far, there are 49 bids and the "Pope" is going for around $3,000.

I repeat, some ebayers are extremely gullible. Still don't believe me? Check out this other auction for a doll. What's so weird about this doll? Its supposedly haunted.

I copied this item description from the auction webpage:

"
Okay here it is. This doll is all yours. Please take him away from me. This doll gives me the "Heebie Geebies!"

When I was young my parents bought this doll for me. I would sleep with it every night because I thought he was the coolest thing ever. You could say he was like "MY BEST FRIEND". I Took him everywhere with me.

Until, weird things started to happen.

1. Hearing things in the middle of the night.

2. Getting cold chills when I would hold him.

After all these weird things would happen, I wanted to get rid of him. SCARED the Heebie Geebies out of me. MY parents burried him in the backyard knowing that I would forget about him forever!!! Until, YEARS and Decades later he came BACK. eeeeeeeeewww! ITS VERY DISTURBING!!!!!!! His smile makes him look like a nice guy. HA!! Yea right!!

Now, he is packed really good in a secured BOX. I just want to get him out of here!!!!!!!"

I will not be corny and use the title of this blog as my ending phrase, though I am sorely tempted. I will end with the statement (and I think you will all agree)--this world is weird.

1 comment:

RobertDWood said...

hehehe. The Pope sold for $232.50 after 59 bids.